The Program for you to Learn IsiXhosa!
USED BY STUDENTS OF ISIXHOSA (NON MOTHER-TONGUE) AT NELSON MANDELA UNIVERSITY.
The program offers:
- An introduction to Xhosa Culture
- A comprehensive Everyday Conversation Module
- Communication modules for:
- (i) Teachers
- (ii) Pharmacists
- (iii) Doctors, nurses and EMC staff (currently under development)
- Four modules each for:
- (i) First year students
- (ii) Second year students
- (iii) Third year students
- Modules unraveling the intricacies of isiXhosa grammar
Each module gives you the opportunity to listen, see and do and is made up of FIVE components:
- PDF's detailing sections of a given module.
- Video lectures covering each section which you can revisit as many times as you wish.
- Online quizzes at the end of each section to enable you to assess your progress.
- E-books or manuals covering the content and providing additional explanatory notes and exercises.
- Online dictionaries providing everyday words, health terms and terms used in public administration
When enrolling you may choose any of the following modes of completion:
- (a) Individual self-paced online study based on a one-year user-licence.
- (b) Online study with face-to-face tuition support (max 4 per group - Port Elizabeth only)
- (c) Online study with scheduled Skype support (max 2 per session)
The fee structure for (b) and (c) will vary according to the number of participants. For details email: